Above and beyond a Carnival cruise

I cruised with my 10 year old son as a birthday gift for him. We had previously taken a Carnival cruise 5 years ago, and were told that we needed to make our next cruise a Disney Cruise. I know that a lot of people are put off initially by the price of a Disney cruise compared to others, such as Carnival. Trust me when I say, it is worth every single penny that you spend. The ship was beautiful, the cast members were always helpful and accommodating, the food was excellent, and the shows were awesome. It is not the Disney "overkill" that you might expect with it being a Disney cruise. We are Disney fans, but not fanatics, and I never felt like it was all over all the time and pushed in your face. We met some great people, made friends, and had the time of our lives. Less